Speaking Truth to Power
Interviews in English
112. 2022.02.18 - Why Chinese Americans Are Talking About Eileen Gu, The New York Times.
111. 2022.02.12 - Wang Huning’s career reveals much about political change in China, The Economist.
110. 2022.01.11 - President Xi Jinping is set to extend his 10-year rule in 2022. This is how China has transformed under his reign, The Australia Broadcasting Corporation news.
108. 2021.10.11 - Is another Cultural Revolution underway in China?
107. 2021.09.06 - The Chinese control revolution: the Maoist echoes of Xi’s power play, The Financial Times.
106. 2021.08.27 - Climate denial newspaper flourishes on Facebook By Scott Waldman, E&E News.
105. 2021.01.13 - MAGA-land’s Favorite Newspaper: How The Epoch Times became a pro-Trump propaganda machine in an age of plague and insurrection, The Atlantic.
104. 2021.01.10 - Biden-Xi Jinping relations will freeze further, The Apple Daily.
103. 2020.12.04 - China's Landmark Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Mired in Power, Politics, Radio Free Asia.
99. 2020.07.28 - What is China's world order for the 21st century?
96. 2020.02.22 - Academics Around the World Write to Xi Jinping: Give Freedom of Speech Back to the Chinese People
94. 2019.10.09 - A TRULY ‘FAKE NEWS MEDIA’
93. 2019.08.30 - Rights Groups Urge China to End Enforced Disappearances
91. 2019.04.15 - Chinese Dissidents Remember Liberal Reformer Hu Yaobang
90. 2019.03.15 - Free Flow of Ideas Absent in China's 'Two Sessions,' Observers Say
89. 2018.12.07 - US, China Look to Limit Impact of Tech Head's Arrest
87. 2018.11.11 - China Faces US Pressure to Contain Deadly Fentanyl Exports
86. 2018.11.08 - China Infiltrates American Campuses
82. 2018.09.13 - When U.S. universities clash with China’s ‘sensitive content’
81. 2018.09.12 - Gauging China's 'Influence and Interference' in U.S. Higher Ed
76. 2018.06.13 - China Looms Large Behind North Korea-US Summit: Analysts
73. 2018.05.30 - Call for Unity at Middle Way Conference
72. 2018.05.27 - First International Conference on Umaylam begins in Dharamsala
71. 2018.05.26 - First International Conference on Middle Way Approach begins
70. 2018.03.02 - BBC World Service: Xi Who Would be King
69. 2018.02.01 - China's Orphaned Dissidents
66. 2017.11.10 - Scholars Share Support for Middle Way Approach to Tibet Issue
64. 2017.10.21 - Series of high-profile meetings follow the Five-Fifty Forum
62. 2017.10.13 - 5th CTA Chinese Liaison Officers Meeting Underway in Dharamshala
61. 2017.10.13 - Reaching out to Chinese masses of paramount importance: CTA President
60. 2017.10.12 - Chinese scholar says Tibetans must not lose hope on MWA
59. 2017.10.03 - A China Scholar's Rendezvous with Islam
55. 2013.09.19 - US Investigation Spotlights China's Princelings
54. 2013.04.24 - Dharamshala launch of ‘Tibet Burning’ issue of Seminar Journal - www_phayul_com.
53. 2013.01.24 - The Resurgence of China's Criminal Underworld: Assessment and Explanation .
52. 2013.02.23 - The Future of Tibet, Saturday, February 23, 2013.
51. 2012.05.25 - Paper Slams 'Fake' Democracy, Radio Free Asia.
50. Column Article in Diplomat: 2012.02.07 - Tibetans Burn Selves for Freedom
44. 2010.08.23 - Wen's Speech Sparks Forum .
42. 2010.07.27 – Lead Poisons Yunnan Children .
41. 2010.05.23 - The Dalai Lama at Roosevelt House. Click to Watch Video: http://cuny.edu/news/channel.html.
40. 2010.05.23 – News: The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama: His Holiness the Dalai Lama in New York , NY - May 23, 2010.
37. 2010.05.16 - Chinese People and Government Struggle Over Land Rights (Asia, English), Voice of America News.
36. 2010.04.25 - CUNY professor braves quake-ravaged China for powerful movie on survival and policy , Daily News (New York).
35. 2010.03.08 - Leftovers from the Oscars’ red carpet - Pedro and the Watcher，The Orange County Register.
33. 2010.03.04 - Prospect looms of a new Ming dynasty -SILive_com.
32. 2010.03.01 - YouTube - China's Killer Schools .
31. 2010.02.17 - Warning as Unrest Grows .
30. 2010.02.08 - CSI Professor Is Up For An Oscar , Staten Island Advance.
29. 2010.02.03 - Earthquake documentary up for Oscar ，Global Times.
27. 2010.01.14 - Senior Chinese Justice Official to Stand Trial in Corruption Case，http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/28028/
25. 2009.09.08 - RTYC New York & New Jersey commemorates 49th Democracy day , Read Here.
24. 2009.08.11 - Tibet's culture is on the verge of extinction -Times Online, Read Here: (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article6792138.ece)
23. Cathy Jedruczek, CUNY Radio Newsmakers, The College of Staten Island--Tears of Sichuan Province , July 9, 2009 (Listen).
20. 2009.05.06 - HBO’s China’s Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province by Lia Chang.
19. 2009.05.07 - 'China' Stuns With Power & the Pity: HBO Documentary Offers Piercing Insights Into '08 Quake's Aftermath, By Tom Shales, Washington Post, Thursday, May 7, 2009.
17. 2009.05.05 - CSI professor co-produces HBO documentary on 2008 earthquake in rural China , by Anne Marie Calzolari, Tuesday May 05, 2009, 4:16 PM, Staten Island Live (www.silive.com)
16. 2009.05.03 - China's Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province Airs on HBO, by Lia Chang, Asianconnections.com [ Email me ] May 03, 2009
13. 2007.02.05: The Associated Press: Paper Denies Representing Falun Gong, Monday, February 5, 2007; 3:58 AM, By NAHAL TOOSI
12. 2007.02.01: Associated Press: Newspaper Founded By Falun Gong Members Catching on in the U.S.
11. 2007.10.29: NewsInsight: China’s Rise or Fall?
10. 2006.11.18: Interview with New Delhi TV .
9. 2006.10.16: The World according to Professor Xia , The Banner, the College of Staten Island newspaper.
8. 2006.06 - The Resurgence of Organized Crime in China (http://chinascope.biz/magazine/200606/3)
7. 2005.01.22: Associated Press: NYC Chinese Communities Honor Zhao Ziyang. Click.
6. 2005.05.13: The Resurgence of China's Criminal Underworld: Assessment and Explanations, by Ming Xia
5. 2004.11.20: Triads Could Overwhelm China's Local Governments , The Strait Times, Singapore
4. 2003.12.01: International conference on China's agricultural issues .
3. 2003.11.17: The New York Times: Rat Poison: Murder Weapon of Choice in Rural China, Nov. 17, 2003, by Jim Yardley.
2. 2002.09.11: The New York Times: “A Group Seeks to Rescue Endangered Scholars ,” By KAREN W. ARENSON, September 11, 2002.
1. 2001.12.23: A Chinese Battle on U.S. Soil: Persecuted Group’s Campaign Catches Politicians in the Middle , San Jose Mercury News, Dec. 23, 2001, by Sarah Lubman.
Interviews at Radio Free Asia
The order will likely be rolled out nationwide amid a surge in interest in overseas residency cards and passports.
Putin slammed the diplomatic boycott of the Games over Beijing's rights abuses in Xinjiang, Tibet and Hong Kong.
Xi'an residents say that while the authorities claim the lockdown is over, they are still under tight restrictions.
The move sparks ire among Maoists and leftists back home in China, who believe Mao is a symbol of national pride.
The Biden administration has signaled that there will be no major departure from Trump-era policy towards China.
The outcome of the case brought by Zhou Xiaoxuan remains in doubt as a powerful elite continues to silence campaigning women, experts say.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo calls for an end ...
The ruling Chinese Communist Party is trying to ...
The move comes amid the tightening of ideological ...
The administration of President Xi Jinping is ...
2018-8-29 12:13 China's Ruling Party Orders Crackdown on Religion in Its Ranks
A new set of disciplinary rules also threatens ...
The application will also list Tiananmen Square, ...
US senators are calling for a concerted strategy ...
2018-6-12 11:40 China Looms Large Behind North Korea-US Summit: Analysts
The ruling Chinese Communist Party is keen to see ...
2018-4-18 11:34 China Detains Founder, Members of Prisoner Support Chat Group
The detentions come amid a renewed crackdown on ...
2018-3-12 15:28: China's Parliament 'Votes' To Allow President to Rule Indefinitely
The rubber-stamp National People's Congress (NPC) ...
2018-2-28 10:55: Plan to End Presidential Term Limits Sparks Widespread Fear in China
Immigration consultants and overseas realtors ...
The move draws comparisons with the rule of ...
2018-2-14 12:25: China Indicts Former Chongqing Party Chief on Bribery Charges
Sun Zhengcai stands accused of bribery, but ...
Duan Weihong’s detention could be part of a ...
Some 20 institutions of higher education have set ...
2017-10-4 12:27: Moon Festival Brings Scant Cheer to China's Dissidents, Lawyers
A Hong Kong activist goes on hunger strike in ...
2017-9-22 13:7: Trump to Visit China in Shadow of Pyongyang's Nuclear Threats
News of the visit comes amid reports that China's ...
Residents of northeastern China report a massive ...
Peaceful dissidents, lawyers and rights activists ...
2017-8-1 10:48: Still No Sign of Liu Xia, Weeks After Liu Xiaobo's Death
Activists say the authorities want her out of the ...
Germany-based columnist Su Yutong says the ...
Yang Shuping used air quality as a metaphor to ...
2017-5-15 12:33: China in Nationwide Security Crackdown During New Silk Road Forum
Businesses are being told to shut down during ...
Feng Chongyi has also researched sensitive areas ...
Feng Chongyi has also researched sensitive areas ...
2017-1-13 12:49: China Hits Out at Tillerson Threats, Warns of 'Major War'
A newspaper with close ties to the ruling party ...
Analysts say the speech reveals a strong sense of ...
2016-8-5 16:15: Xinjiang Regional Government Passes New Counterterrorism Law
Observers say the legislation is aimed at the ...
2016-5-25 13:55: Lifting of Vietnam Arms Ban Sparks War of Words in South China Sea
Analysts say Beijing may be tempted to pick on ...
2015-12-28 16:55: No Room at The Inn For China's Muslims as Terror Law Passed
Beijing expels a French journalist for suggesting ...
Rights activists hit out at Prime Minister David ...
2015-3-31 15:12: China's Judicial Reforms Won't Shake Party Hold on Courts: Experts
The moves are seen as a bid to stem the tide of ...
2014-10-22 17:50: China Executed More Than 2,000 People Last Year: Rights Group
A similar number is expected next year as death ...
2014-8-25 12:55: China's Executions 'Won't Solve Tensions' in Xinjiang: Analysts
The executions are linked to a jeep attack on ...
2014-5-26 13:10: China Announces Amnesty For Militants Amid Calls For Policy Change
Anyone involved in "terror attacks" has 30 days ...
China says it was the target of 10 'terrorist ...
2014-1-23 19:5: China Offshore Revelations Could Be 'Tip of The Iceberg'
A report details companies owned by the relatives ...
2013-12-25 16:29: Chinese Communist Party Treads Fine Line Over Mao's Legacy
Mao is used by many as political capital, but can ...
2013-9-27 12:30: Party Paper Rules Out Internet Freedoms in Shanghai Free Trade Zone
China's state media says recent talk of ...
2013-9-2 13:40: Top Level Graft Probe in China Could Point to Bo Xilai's Mentor
The investigation of a former top oil executive ...
2013-6-7 11:31: Prisoners' Relatives Call for Reform Ahead of US-China Talks
The pressure comes as Obama and Xi prepare to ...
2013-3-11 18:45: Land Clashes Spring From 'Colonial' Spread of Cities
A bitter dispute over farmland in Guangdong ...
2012-11-5 13:45: Reforms Unlikely Despite Calls
China experts see continuing political ...
2012-10-5 12:10: Internal Tensions Fuel Dispute
Nationalist protests over China's island row with ...
2012-10-1 15:1: Junior Bo Tries to Cushion Blow
The son of ousted Chinese politician Bo Xilai ...
2012-9-20 15:45: Bo Could Face Criminal Charges
The former Chongqing Party boss is alluded to for ...
2012-9-13 13:45: Drills Spur Nationalist Fervor
Beijing stages live-fire military games amid ...
2012-5-25 13:5: Paper Slams 'Fake' Democracy
China responds to the U.S.'s annual human rights ...
2012-5-21 11:40: Treason Trial for Ex-Police Chief
Political moves point to factional strife ahead ...
2012-4-25 12:17: Lawsuit Over Canceled Statue
A U.S. sculptor says the Taiwanese government ...
2012-1-16 15:37: Chinese Envious of Taiwan's Democracy
Netizens in China seek greater debate after ...
2012-1-4 17:9: Beijing Rejects Death Claims
The denial comes amid criticism over violence ...
2011-11-9 17:18: Officials to Get 'Moral Training'
The Chinese Communist Party's move comes amid a ...
2011-1-18 17:37: Tibetan Democracy Moves Forward, Faces Challenges
Tibet's exile community will elect a new prime ...
2010-12-13 15:50: Activists Slam Nobel Crackdown
Chinese rights activists speak out about the ...
2010-10-20 13:17: More Strikes To Hit China
A labor rights group warns that more unrest is ...
2010-8-23 15:27: Wen's Speech Sparks Forum
Chinese netizens meet to discuss a speech on ...
2010-7-27 11:33: Lead Poisons Yunnan Children
More cases are expected as children are sickened ...
2010-3-29 14:14: Lawyer 'Alive,' Says Friend
The friend of a missing Chinese rights lawyer ...
2010-3-8 10:13: Doubts On Reform Pledges
China's premier promises a more open society, but ...
2010-2-17 12:23: Warning as Unrest Grows
China's central government tells local ...
2009-11-9 11:55: House Steps Up Rights Pressure
U.S. legislators raise rights issues ahead of ...
Interview in French
7. 2022.01.19 - Les JO de Pékin ont matérialisé la nouvelle guerre froide, L'Express (lexpress.fr).
4. 2019.08.16 - La Chine hésite à franchir le Rubicon
3. 2019.05.25 - Mundo Segundo Xi Jinping (2018) - Documentário
1. 2009.12.30 - Spécial Chine: Gangsters, prostituées et trafiquants d'armes, actualité Société , Le Point. English Translation .
Interview in Danish
Interview in Japanese
13. 2021.08.26 - 「みんなで豊かに」習近平提唱の新目標に怯える大企業と富裕層
12. 2020.09.10 - 暗黒の中国、豪メディア記者2人「脱出」の異常事態.
11. 2018.11.09 - 中国外貨準備高、3カ月連続減少「元安阻止のための資金が不足」=専門家
10. 2018.10.01 - 教科書改訂で毛沢東の文革再評価、習政権の狙い（日経ビジネスからの転載です）
9. 2018.03.26 - 中国軍内で「習主席語録」を発行。超法規的「個人崇拝強化」
8. 2018.01.22 - スカボロー礁周辺に米海軍駆逐艦、中国外交部が反発
7. 2018.01.21 - 米国市場で相次ぐ中国締め出し…中国側は「保護主義」を非難
6. 2018.01.16 - ファーウェイの米国でのスマホ販売計画が頓挫、中国は保護主義を非難
5. 2017.03.06 - 分析 トランプ大統領の態度が一転 「一つの中国」容認の理由は（1）
4. 2016.03.25 - 中国系ビジネスマン、米軍技術データを盗み中国に渡す
3. 2016.11.16 - 中国の習主席、トランプ米次期大統領と早期会談で一致
2. 2012.01.13 - 中国次期指導者 「大学生の思想統制強化」 - YouTube
1. 2006.05.21 - 歴史を還元、文革40週年国際シンポジウム、ニューヨークで開催
Interview in Tibetan
1. 2012.12.28 - Chinese Scholars and the Self-Immolations in Tibet - YouTube
Interview in Korean
13. 2021.09.21 - '제2 마오쩌둥' 꿈꾸는 시진핑…문화대혁명 그림자 스멀스멀
10. 2020.03.02 - 中, ‘코로나19’ 아직 끝나지 않았는데 벌써 공치사하나
9. 2018.06.21 - 中 학자, “미·중 무역전쟁 해법? 중국 의지에 달렸다”
6. 2018.02.28 - 中, 시진핑 종신집권 본격화…검열 강화와 불만 진화 작업 중
5. 2018.02.27 - '시진핑 장기집권 반대' 공개성명 봇물…"황제 야심, 재앙 초래"
4. 2018.02.26 - “개헌 통한 장기집권 추진, ‘시진핑 책사’ 왕후닝 작품”
3. 2018.02.18 - 덩샤오핑 21주기…시진핑과 ‘같고도 다른 점’은?
2. 2013.04 - 天安門 사태 시위 참가했던 샤밍(夏明) 뉴욕시립대 교수의 중국 민주화가능성 진단
1. 2018.01.15 - 천안문 3인방, 北반체제 작가의 美출판회 모인다
Interview in Italian
1. 2021.09.08 - L’eco maoista nella strategia di potenza della Cina di Xi
Interview in Turkey
1. 2022.02.19 - Eileen Gu: Çok başarılı bir 'hain', Haber Global.
Interview in Spanish
1. 2022.02.17 - El ideólogo de la nueva China, La Vanguardia.
Interview in German
Interview in Portuguese